Re: Schema definition for <Transform>

From: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:22:31 -0400
To: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
My preference (see
"http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000JulSep/0167.html")
is to require that the <XSLT> element be defined to contain a full XSLT
stylesheet.  As I recall,
we didn't get an answer as to whether this was possible and we gave up
trying.

I note that the XML Signature spec only says the content of the <XSLT>
stylesheet element
"SHOULD" contain an <xsl:stylesheet> element (I feel "MUST" is the right
word) .  I think
allowing vestigial styles sheets is asking for trouble because who knows how
they will be
processed.  But given  what the spec says (and I forget the arguments for
it), we can go ahead
with dropping the <XSLT> element.

Ed