Re: Draft typos and errors

At 12:16 11/7/2000 -0800, hal@finney.org wrote:
>Your responses to my two comments here seem to be interchanged.  I just
>wanted to make sure you noticed the part about the bignum description
>in 6.4.2 needing to move up, perhaps to 6.4.

Yes, sorry. I will take the single paragraph [1] and move it into the DSA
section and in the RSA section provide a backwards reference (e.g., "do the
same thing as stated in DSA").

[1] Arbitrary-length integers (e.g. "bignums" such as RSA moduli) are
represented in XML as octet strings. The integer value is first converted to
a "big endian" bitstring. The bitstring is then padded with leading zero
bits so that the total number of bits == 0 mod 8 (so that there are whole
number of octets). If the bitstring contains entire leading octets that are
zero, these are removed (so the high-order octet is always non-zero). This
octet string is then base64 [MIME] encoded. (The conversion from integer to
octet string is equivalent to IEEE 1363's I2OSP [1363] with minimal length).

__