Re: Poll: Relative URIs and Strings in xmlns attributes

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:49:56 -0400
To: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 15:34 9/20/2000 +0100, merlin wrote:
>I could accept #1 if the spec provided a precise but
>simple pseudocode algorithm for determining whether
>a URI is relative or not. Are URIs always URLs?

This is an interesting point I hadn't considered, that #1 requires you to
add code to determine if it is an absolute URI. The pseudo-code should be
based on the absolute URI definition.

"To be defined, the name space node value must meet the following production
rule from [URI, section 3]:
    <scheme>://<scheme-specific-part>
A namespace node value which does not meet this production rule is undefined
-- and it consequently can not be canonicalized by this specification."

[URI] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

__