Re: Using DOMHASH with XML DSig

From: TAMURA Kent <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:33:39 +0900
To: ambarish@valicert.com, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

In message "Using DOMHASH with XML DSig"
    on 00/09/01, Ambarish Malpani <ambarish@valicert.com> writes:
> - Are other groups trying to use DOMHASH with XML DSig
> - Are there strong feelings in this group about the advisability of
> 	doing so?
> - If DOMHASH is used as the canonicalization method, does that
> mean that you sign the hash generated by DOMHASH or do you ask
> DOMHASH to give you a canonical representation of the document
> and then sign that?

Canonicalization and digesting are not able to be separated in
DOMHASH.  If you use DOMHASH as a Canonicalization method or a
Transform, digest calculation is done twice.  I guess DOMHASH is
slower than W3C C14n.

--
TAMURA Kent @ Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM