Re: AW: AW: Mixed Content Model for Transform?

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 02:37:36 +0900
To: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, "Gregor Karlinger" <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, "John Boyer" <jboyer@PureEdge.com>, Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
I agree with element-only, because of the following:

- Mixed allows in most cases much more than you actually want
   (mixed in XML can be controlled much less than in SGML)
- Mixed is typically used for document text; transforms have
   clearly defined parameters (if not, something is wrong).
- If there should be a case where using mixed for a transform
   is an alternative worth to consider, it's usually very easy
   to create a corresponding element-only model by adding one
   or a few more elements.

Regards,   Martin.