AW: C14n and Default namespace

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:52:28 +0200
To: "John Boyer" <jboyer@PureEdge.com>, "XML DSig" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Hi John,

> In other words, the full namespace context of an element (e.g.
> the child) is
> represented in the namespace axis of the element.

* C14n explicitely declares the full namespace context for an element.
  I think to add a "xmlns=''" if the element is in the default namespace
  context, is in accordance with this principal behaviour.

* C14n's purpose is to generate a somewhat unambigous physical
  of a logical XML structure, and not to be as compact as possible.

So I don't think there is a need for change.

Regards, Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
Phone +43 316 873 5541