RE: Why isn't KeyInfo inside SignedInfo [Attn: Brian L.]

From: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:46:30 -0400
To: XML DSig <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
There has been some discussion on this in the past, see
the threads starting at
for example.
I think though it would be timely if Brian summarized the answer
to the question again.  There has been a lot of traffic on the XML
list wondering why KeyInfo isn't signed.
Brian, could you cross-post your answer to XML Encryption please.  If anyone
else would like to respond who's delved into the issue, that would be fine
Ed Simon
Software Engineer, Entrust Technologies
email:  ed.simon@entrust.com