Re: XMLDSIG RSA signatures

At 18:48 8/29/2000 +0100, merlin wrote:
 >I oppose it. If I'm using hardware then I'll have to do two
 >verifies; one against the raw digest, the other against the
 >ASN.1 blob. And the ? security issues. I want no choice,
 >probably just a crypted ASN.1 blob.

Oops, yes, sorry I didn't mean to represent you advocated that. For some
reason I have trouble with formers and latters -- with left and right there
is fortunately fork and knife <grin> -- which affected my excerpting.

__

1) The signature may be either an encrypted ASN.1 blob (PKCS#1)
or an encrypted raw digest (like W?TLS)
  or
2) The signature is always an encrypted ASN.1 blob (PKCS#1) but
it may be wrapped/prepended/... by an ASN.1 OID.