Re: XMLDSIG RSA signatures

Hi,

We must already massage DSA signatures to meet the XMLDSIG
encoding; I would strongly endorse a requirement that
RSA signatures MUST be massaged into the simplest form too.

For crypto environments such as you describe, the effort is
no greater than the DSA massage; for everyone else, life
would be much simpler.

Merely having the option of an OID turns ASN.1 parsing into
a mandatory requirement of all toolkits that wish to interop,
which is expressly undesirable.

Merlin

r/bfox@Exchange.Microsoft.com/2000.08.29/08:13:21