Errors in Section SignatureProperties

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:37:44 +0200
To: "XML" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Hello Joseph,

I think there are still two errors in the SignatureProperties section
(5.29 of the current editor copy of the XML-Signature working draft:

>   <element name='SignatureProperty'>
>     <complexType content='mixed'>
>       <any namespace='##other' processContents='lax' minOccurs='1'
maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
>       <attribute name='Target' type='uriReference' use='required'/>
>       <attribute name='Id' type='ID' use='optional'/>
>     </complexType>
>   </element>

1. Since the content model is mixed, also a SignatureProperty  Element
   with no subelements, but only textual content should be allowed.
Therefore
   the minOccurs attribute should have a correct value of '0'

>   <!ELEMENT SignatureProperty %Object.ANY; >
>   <!ATTLIST SignatureProperty
>             Target CDATA    #REQUIRED
>             Id ID  #IMPLIED  >

>   <!ENTITY % Object.ANY
'(#PCDATA|Signature|SignatureProperties|Manifest)*'>

2. The content model for SignatureProperty according to the DTD definition
allows
   also things like Signature and SignatureProperties, which are in the
namespace
   of XML-Signature. This is in contradiction with the declartion of
   namespace='##other' in the schema above.

Regards, Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
http://www.iaik.at