Re: Interop Issues

From: TAMURA Kent <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:09:50 +0900
To: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

> Forwarded Text ----
>  From: Petteri Stenius <Petteri.Stenius@done360.com>
>  To: "'Joseph M. Reagle Jr.'" <reagle@w3.org>
>  Subject: RE: Interop Issues

>  These are the issues I recall.
>
>  Issues not clearly defined by the spec:
>  - XSLT transform context: element or document
>  - serialization of "xml:" -prefixed attributes

As canonicalizing the SignedInfo element or serializing the
result of enveloped-siganture transform and URI="#ID", I guess
an element is serialized with xml: prefixed attributes in its
ancestors because these cases are *subsets* of a document.  But
I don't know whether comment nodes are serialized or not because
these subsets are not defined as XPath expressions.

--
TAMURA Kent @ Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM