RE: New proposed fix for here()

From: Petteri Stenius <Petteri.Stenius@done360.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:41:33 +0300
To: "'merlin'" <merlin@baltimore.ie>, John Boyer <jboyer@PureEdge.com>
Cc: XML <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

I like John's proposal of calculating the XPath expression identifying the
Signature element.

What I dislike about tweaking the URI syntax of the Reference element is
that we are only moving the XPath etc. expressions to an other location in
the syntax, not really proposing a new solution.

My "hack" when implementing the enveloped-signature and to work around ID
conflicts has been to generate a random string to use for a temporary
identifier attribute of the Signature element.

Petteri