From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. [mailto:reagle@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 2:53 PM
To: Brian LaMacchia
Cc: 'tgindin@us.ibm.com'; Gregor Karlinger; Barb Fox; XML
Subject: RE: AW: Errors and Questions

At 13:58 7/28/2000 -0700, Brian LaMacchia wrote:
 >The fact that we are continuing to have problems settling on a schema
for
 >X509Data this late in the game causes me to reconsider including
X509Data
in
 >the core DSIG specification.

I think that is an interesting proposal. As a point of history, I
believe we
introduced these as place-holders and examples such that readers could
see
how to use KeyInfo for things beyond RSA and DSA. But as time went on
and
people used those examples we refined what we had. However, we are
approaching a point that is out of scope.

 >XMLDSIG and I fear it will hold up progression of the standard.  If
other
 >folks agree we should discuss this in Pittsburgh next week.

I'll include it in my list of issues to discuss on Thursday.