RE: AW: Errors and Questions

From: Kevin Regan <kevinr@valicert.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:14:53 -0700
To: tgindin@us.ibm.com, Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: Barb Fox <bfox@Exchange.Microsoft.com>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>, XML <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, Brian LaMacchia <bal@microsoft.com>
Having a single certificate chain, starting at the EE would be
very useful.  However, for my product, I keep the Certificate
information outside of the actual Signature subtree.  I do
this because I may have multiple signatures for a document,
with each signature using a different private key, but the certificates
for these keys all inherent from the same root CA chain.

Therefore, I simply drop a
in the <KeyInfo> node and include certificate chains in a seperate
of the XML document.  This way, if I have signatures that share parent
certificates, the information is not duplicated.