Encoding of 509 serial # and SKI

From: <David.Solo@citicorp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:40:20 -0400
TO: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Joseph,

One other minor point regarding encoding that was brought up again recently.  I
think we agreed that in X509Data, the X509SKI would be changed to type
ds:CryptoBinary and I assume thats going into next weeks update.

I don't think we agreed on what the X509SerialNumber should be.  Its currently
listed as a string (which is ambiguous) and could be either ds:CryptoBinary or
integer (it is defined in ASN as an integer).  I'm indifferent (anyone have a
strong preference?) but would probably lean towards integer.

A reread didn't turn up any other such cases (that I could find).

Dave