no newlines after end-element tags in c14n ?

From: Anli Shundi <anli.shundi@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:42:02 +0200
To: <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
The new canonicalization does not seem to specify whether
a newline is appended after end-element tags.  It mentions those
after processing instructions and comments, though.

Does this mean that the canonical output would be a single line,
unpleasant to the eye like:

<root attrib1="dsadsa"><son

I would have expected something along the lines of

<root attrib1="dsadsa">
<son attr="fdsfds">
<daughter>value</daughter>
</son>
</root>

Am I overlooking something pretty obvious ?

Anli Shundi

Institute for Data Communications Systems
University of Siegen
Germany