From: Reiner Hüttl [mailto:reiner.huettl@ixos.de]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 11:52 AM
To: 'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'
Subject: multilevel references

In the draft of 18-February-200 for every referenced object the digest is
calculated and inserted in the SignedInfo Element including identification,
transforms and algorithm information.
In XML some of the referenced objects contain further references (e.g. an
XSL-object may reference a another XSL, a CSS or Images). These references
have to be included in the signature too, because otherwise I can exchange
e.g. images and therefore the presentation of the XML-document.

How will the draft consider multilevel-references ?
Do I have to follow the complete chain of references?
How can I distinguish a "firstlevel" reference from a "secondlevel"
refernce?