RE: Faulty DTD of Object element

From: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:15:08 -0500
To: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Gregor wrote...
	I think the DTD given in section 4.5 is incorrect (at least it
contradicts the Schema definition):
	  <!ELEMENT Object (#PCDATA) >
	Is a understand the text of section 4.5, the Object element can also
	any XML markup. Therefore the content model must be ANY instead of
Strictly speaking, XML v1.0 defines "ANY" to mean "any of the elements
defined in the DTD" whereas we would like it to mean "PDCDATA or any
well-formed XML instance".  Hence, the DTD model is really inadequate here
though some might consider "ANY" to be closer than "PCDATA".

Note: The XML Schema model allows one to say that any well-formed XML
instances can be the content of an element.