W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org > January to March 2000

000106 Minutes

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:35:15 -0500
Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.20000106133515.00ac0970@localhost>
To: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/Signature/Minutes/000106-tele.html

  00-January-06
  Chairs: Donald Eastlake and Joseph Reagle
  Note Taker: Joseph Reagle [[4]ascii]

Participants

     * Donald Eastlake 3rd, IBM
     * Joseph Reagle, W3C
     * Ed Simon , Entrust Technologies Inc.
     * John Boyer, UWI
     * David Solo, Citigroup
     * (regrets) Barbara Fox, Microsoft

  Review of Outstanding Action Items

    Status of documents < 5 minutes

     * Reagle working on valid example and DTD/schema and data model.
     * Eastlake has control of spec, will talk with other editors on
       Tuesday.

    Signature Syntax & Processing draft questions:

    1. WG status and solicit other issues.
         1. What to do with IDREF/URI?
            ACTION Reagle: ask schema WG if URI="#ref" a valid instance
            of the uri schema type. ACTION Eastlake: Otherwise, leave it
            as is and add a sentence or two clarifying thte IDREF must be
            processed like an XPATH.
         2. What about XSLT/Java?
            Not a technical problem, but no longer a compelling editorial
            reason to keep it if we aren't going to properly profile it.
            XSLT's are going to have to be c14n'ized as well (c14n before
            or after XSLT? Not sure). ACTION Eastlake: add a sentence to
            the XSLT explaining this.
         3. PIs and comments: ACTION Eastlake: add a small paragraph for
            each section.
         4. One time processing: Does anyone plan on implementing this?
            Reagle: lets not add features where no one in the WG is
            planning on implementing it. RESULT: leave as proposal unless
            we expect to have two interoperable implementations of that
            feature.
         5. Canonicalization: ACTION Eastlake: add his text on c14n as a
            seperate section, then WG should ask reviewers if they find
            it to be useful.
         6. ACTION Boyer and Reagle: work on FAQ/scenarios.
         7. ACTION Reagle and Simon: work on valid syntax, DTD, and
            schema with cryptographic values.
    2. Logists:
       No WG calls before FTF.

    Face to Face meeting arrangements < 10 minutes

     * [5]Meeting is in SanJose on January 21st.

      [5] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Minutes/SanJose/Logistics.html




_________________________________________________________
Joseph Reagle Jr.   
Policy Analyst           mailto:reagle@w3.org
XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
Received on Thursday, 6 January 2000 13:35:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.29 : Thursday, 13 January 2005 12:10:08 GMT