RE: Editors' Post Last Call Draft

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:04:02 +0200
To: "XML" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Hi Joseph,

I just have glanced at both the schema definitions and the new schema
drafts. Unfortunately the schema drafts have undergone lots of changes
(apart from the change to simpletype/complextype), e. g.

  * the '*' value in maxOccurs is now called 'unbounded'

  * the former group attribute "order" with values like "sequence", "choice"
    has been rejected. These semantics now can be exressed by subelements
    named "sequence", "choice".

  * the former simple type "uri" is now called "uriReference"

Somewhere along this reading I have stopped, since I am not very familiar
with
the new drafts, and I think I sometimes have to work through the whole
matter
more intensively.

To put it in a nutshell, I think we must (once again) redesign our schema
definitions so that they conform with XML Schema again.

BTW:

<remark importance='very minor ;-)'>

  In [1] I found out that you have not found one of my reported typos.
  Actually the parenthesis can be found in section 2.1.1 (and not in
  2.2.1, as I stated before):

    The verifier may obtain the digested content in another method so
    long as the digest verifies. In particular, the verifier may obtain
    the content from a different location such as a local store) than
                                                               ^
    that specified in the URI.

  [1] http://www.w3.org/Signature/20000228-last-call-issues.html

</remark>