XML Schema Last Call

Forwarded Text ----
 Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 18:13:00 -0600
 From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@acm.org>
 Subject: XML Schema Last Call

 This is to announce the publication of the XML Schema specification
 for last-call review.

 The XML Schema specification has three parts:

   * XML Schema Part 0: Primer, ed. David C. Fallside. W3C Working
     Draft 7 April 2000. [Cambridge, Sophia-Antipolis, Tokyo]: W3C, 7
     April 2000.
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-0-20000407/
   * XML Schema Part 1: Structures, ed. Henry S. Thompson et al. W3C
     Working Draft 7 April 2000. [Cambridge, Sophia-Antipolis, Tokyo]:
     W3C, 7 April 2000.
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-1-20000407/
   * XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes, ed. Paul V. Biron and Ashok
     Malhotra.  W3C Working Draft 7 April 2000. [Cambridge,
     Sophia-Antipolis, Tokyo]: W3C, 7 April 2000.
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-2-20000407/

 Those reading the spec for the first time are very strongly urged to
 begin by reading part 0.

 The last-call review period will end 12 May, five weeks from today.

 All W3C working groups with an interest in XML Schema are invited to
 review this draft and send comments to the archived public mailing
 list, www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org.  Individuals are also invited to
 review and comment on the spec.

 The XML Schema WG charter shows dependency relations with the
 following working groups, from which we are expecting formal review.

   * DOM
   * RDF Schemas
   * HTML
   * XML Core (for Information Set, Namespaces, syntax questions, and
     fragments)
   * WAI Protocols & Formats WG
   * Internationalization WG
   * XML Linking

 In addition to those listed in our charter, we are expecting, or at
 least hoping for, formal reviews from a number of other working
 groups:

   * XML Query
   * XSL
   * DSig
   * P3P
   * MathML

 Review by other WGs is also welcome.  It would be helpful to
 us in planning our schedule to know if we should expect a
 formal review from your WG.

 -C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
  Dave Hollander

  Co-chairs, XML Schema WG

 * C. M. Sperberg-McQueen                           *
 * Research Staff, World Wide Web Consortium        *
 * Route 1, Box 380A, Espa&ntilde;ola NM 87532-9765 *
 * (that's Espanola with an n-tilde)                *
 * cmsmcq@acm.org, fax: +1 (505) 747-1424           *

End Forwarded Text ----