Re: xmldsig questions

I was thinking that an  OCSP status response would require a special
element to indicate what it is, similarly to CRLs, just so there is no
need to agree in advance on an element. Depending on the business model,
it can be valuable to pass a signed OCSP response with a transaction so
the receiver does not need to perform a check.

I gather that a subsequent version of OCSP *may* use XML, or that there
is an independent effort to do this, but the current RFC 2560 is not
using XML.

What I am hearing is that we could just treat this as any other kind of
application specific data. What I am suggesting is that by defining the
element (tag) we may make it easier to support applications which want
to include an OCSP  response in a transaction, since the element will be
standard.

I do not want to sidetrack the effort, but since we have X509CRL defined
in X509Data, I thought X509OCSP would be logical, since lots of projects
use OCSP instead of CRLs.

thanks

< Frederick