W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org > October to December 1999

991202 ConCall Minutes

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:52:26 -0500
Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19991202125226.00a93840@localhost>
To: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/Signature/Minutes/991202-tele.html

Participants

     * Donald Eastlake 3rd, IBM
     * Joseph Reagle, W3C
     * Mark Bartel, JetForm
     * John Boyer, UWI
     * Ed Simon , Entrust Technologies Inc.
     * John Boyer, UWI
     * Barbara Fox, Microsoft
     * Todd Vincent, GSU
     * David Solo, Citigroup (regrets)

  Review of Outstanding Action Items

    Status of documents < 5 minutes

   Requirements Document: As it is being proposed as an InformationalRFC,
   it need not be IETF last call. Schiller reports he will bring it up to
   IESG and expects action within a few weeks.

   Core Syntax and Processing: Solo's been working on editorial issues
   and clean up, will post something Thursday or Friday. Editors will
   then try a slight re-org to try to provide clarity between
   cryptographic syntax/processing and ObjectReference syntax/processing

    Signature Syntax & Processing draft questions:
    Securing Location/Transforms - < 20 minutes
    Levels of indirection, Manifests, References, ...

   Reagle: (working backwards):
     * IETF/W3C Last Call end of January
     * WG Last Call beginning of January
     * Editors work on exposition/clarity as much as possible for January
       last call such that we can take a stroll poll, address questions,
       and document minority views on the basis of concepts rendered
       clear (instead of ambiguities in the text.)
     * Accrue implementation experience and possible interop testing.

   Fox: XPath discussion has perhaps got us off the target, need to focus
   on the specification and interoperable syntax and protocol. Getting in
   to behavior can get confusing.

   Bartel: realized that XPath is used for two things:
    1. sign an ancestor of the signature element.
    2. programmatic document definition

   Boyer: The present spec fulfills his needs. Ways to do what Himes
   needs to do to as well, just not in the core behavior/standardized.

   [... light discussion/review no proposals or action items....]

   ACTION Fox: will check with David about the Algorithm section and
   perhaps make another pass through.

    Con call restart next year. < 5 minutes

   Editors should focus on clarifying the present spec.

   Have the call on the 9th and 16th, Eastlake will notify if he doesn't
   think we need a call that week.

   Otherwise, start back up on January 6th

    Face to Face meeting arrangements < 10 minutes

   January 21 Friday after the RSA conference. Need to get details from
   Rags and post by end of week.




_________________________________________________________
Joseph Reagle Jr.   
Policy Analyst           mailto:reagle@w3.org
XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
Received on Thursday, 2 December 1999 12:52:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.29 : Thursday, 13 January 2005 12:10:08 GMT