Re: Detached Signatures Vs Detached Objects

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you have a store with generations of an Object, each paired with a
<Signature>, I would think that each Signature would point to the
corresponding Object and you could accomplish your goal by just
pointing to the most recent version of the Signature.  It does
not matter if the Object is incorporated in the Signature or the
Signature has an Object Reference to it.

However, if you really want to point to them separately, it seems
pretty easy to define a

<SignatureReference ( URI= | IDREF= ) >
	(ObjectReference)?
</SignatureReference>

or the like where presumably ObjectReference, if present, overrides
the first ObjectReference inside the Signature pointed to by the
URI or IDREF.  Is it that you think we should define something like
that in the draft?