From: Peter Lipp [mailto:Peter.Lipp@iaik.at]
Sent: 18 November 1999 17:12
To: rhimes@nmcourt.fed.us; w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org; jboyer@uwi.com;
gwhitehead@signio.com
Subject: AW: AW: Re[2]: Omitting Location and Transforms from SignedIn
-------------<snip>---------------
> or at least we should allow for it.  Suppose I make a statement that "The
> document at www.xxx.com/PG is suitable reading for children".  I
This is fine, but I would rarely go and check your signature in such cases
if I did not want to know about www.xxx.com in the first place. If I happen
to find your signature laying around, I would not go off to check the page
out of curiosity if your signature verifies or not.

What I was aiming at was that the workflow would more often move from the
document to the signature than the other way round.