RE: Omitting Location and Transforms from SignedInfo

I don't know that I agree with this statement, but it's not that important.
Verifying that a manifest is correct does not validate any large amount of
data.

> 2) The core rules automatically verify DigestValue of
> ObjectReference if and
> only if Location is invariant once the signature is created.
> If the Location
> of a piece of data is expected to change, then our core
> processing rules
> cannot accommodate the signature.  This has nothing to do
> with some weird
> application-specific need that only a handful of people have.
>  Locations
> change, auxiliary documents get updated.  If someone wants to
> preserve a
> signature, they may need to change a Location here or there.
> This is likely
> to be a commonplace event with long-term signatures on
> high-value documents.

I disagree with this statement.  I believe that the if and only if statement
is wrong, and everything following from that is therefore also incorrect.