Re: Minutes 99-October-28

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 11:17:26 -0500
To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 11:10 99/10/29 -0400, Donald E. Eastlake 3rd wrote:
 >>  99-October-28
 >>  Chairs: Donald Eastlake and Joseph Reagle
 >>  Note Taker: Joseph Reagle [[4]ascii]

Don, thanks for the comments, I've inserted them into the minutes.
 >Wouldn't this be
 >
 ><Object
 >Type="http://www.w3.org/1999/10/signature-core/signatureproperties">
 >    <Properties>
 >        <Property Target="ID of Signature"
 >                  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/10/signature-core/time">
 >            <Date>...</Date>
 >            <Time>...</Time>
 >        </Property>
 >    </Properties>
 ></Object>
 >
 >or the like?

Yes, and I added the comment is the reason that we've done this in object
(where people can include whatever semantics they want) is that the element
Properties is a particular type of object (that we defined) for semantics
about the signature itself. We might be able to do something snazzy with
schema such that Properties is a type of object, or we might define it such
that there is only one property in an object, if you want multiple
properties, you should have multiple objects.

XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/