RE: latest edits

To specify parameters (using the HMAC example Mark mentioned),
how about changing what we now have which is

<SignatureAlg Algorithm="urn:ietf-org:hmac-sha1">
  <Parameter type="urn:ietf-org:hmac-outputlength">
    <Integer value="128"/>
  </Parameter>
</SignatureAlg>

to [1]

<SignatureAlgorithm name="urn:ietf-org:hmac-sha1">
	<Parameter name="urn:ietf-org:hmac-outputlength">
		128
	</Parameter>
</SignatureAlgorithm>

where the "name" attribute removes the awkwardness
of saying "Algorithm" twice

OR [2]

<SignatureAlgorithm name="urn:ietf-org:hmac-sha1">
	<Parameter
		name="urn:ietf-org:hmac-outputlength"
		value="128"/>
</SignatureAlgorithm>

if you want the element value captured in an attribute

OR [3]

<SignatureAlgorithm name="urn:ietf-org:hmac-sha1">
	<Parameter
		name="urn:ietf-org:hmac-outputlength"
		type="Integer"
		value="128"/>
</SignatureAlgorithm>

if you feel capturing the integer-ness is important.

Ed

P.S. My personal preference is [1].