Re: [Moderator Action] Re: Signed-XML (revised) ("Electronic" Signature in RD)

At 03:15 PM 6/25/99 -0400, TSGMAN @ Earthlink wrote:
 >All signature and digesting technologies should be represented in an
 >encodiong scheme compatible with the structure and syntax of the host
 >language. In instances where this representation format would violate the
 >XML coding and processing standards, some other intermediary representation
 >format will have to be selected.

A characteristic of a good requirement is that its contrary is easily
constructed. Also a question is, is this a requirement on the WG, spec,
syntax, processor, or application. It's hard for me to do this with this
proposal, perhaps because I'm not sure what you mean by "technologies" or
"host" language.

To generalize, are you expressing a requirement over the syntax such that
any non-parsed data [1] must be represented in a non-encoded format where
possible? For example, an RTF file should be included at RTF syntax as part
of a CDATA [2]? :

If so, I'm not sure what this has to do with "electronic signatures"?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-intro
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-cdata-sect
XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/