 Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 22:12:29 -0700
 To: "XML Syntax WG" <w3c-xml-syntax-wg@w3.org>
 From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
 Subject: Minutes:1999.06.02 XML Syntax WG

 4. Canonicalization

 NOTE: James Tauber *does* have time to put into this, but wants a
       co-editor
 ACTION: Chairs to recruit co-editor

 Issue: possible overlap with Infoset
 CONSENSUS: There is a real co-ordination issue here
 CONSENSUS: Portions of XML documents considered "Required" should be
            identical to that included in the canonical form.
 ACTION: T.Bray to send message to Megginson, cc the CG, noting this.
 CONSENSUS: In section 3, use infoset terminology & be consistent
 ACTION: T.Bray, to XML-i-fy the spec
 CONSENSUS: Express the material in section 4 in algorithms

End Forwarded Text ----
Policy Analyst      mailto:reagle@w3.org
XML-DSig Co-Chair   http://w3.org/People/Reagle/