Re: Namespace Draft

>Agreed, which is why the Depth header can take the value 0 (the collection
itself), 1 (the immediate non-collection members of the collection),
infinity (go as deep as you can).  Do you see problems with this approach?

That's not what the spec says s.v. 5.3; it lists only 1 and infinity,
and I see I misread, thinking that values in between were allowed.
I am confused by the terms "immediate member resources" (what is
the force of "immediate") and "internal descendant resources"
(not in 2. Terms).

In either case it would appear that External Member Resources
would not be listed, yet their only sin is that they possess
an absolute URI not relative to their parent's (the collection's?)
URI.  So INDEX will not give a complete listing of the contents
of a collection if some are differently URI'd than the collection
itself, even if they are on the same server.  Is that right
or am I missing something?  (And did you intend to allow integers
between 1 and infinity?)

And what is a "noncollection member of the collection"?  An
internal member resource that is not itself a collection?

Regards,

  Terry Allen    Electronic Publishing Consultant    tallen[at]sonic.net
                   http://www.sonic.net/~tallen/
    Davenport and DocBook:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html
          T.A. at Passage Systems:  terry.allen[at]passage.com