Re: New properties (metadata) draft

I am a little confused about the following in your note:

<<This draft also makes use of the Extended Markup Language (XML) as an
on-the-wire representation for property names and values.  Due to the
recent release of the Meta Content Framework (MCF) draft, and the
similarity between MCF and the XML representation given in this draft,
there is currently debate within the Design Team over whether the
on-the-wire representation should use MCF.>>

I thought the Netscape submission of Guha's work to W3C
(http://developer.netscape.com/mcf.html) did indeed use XML as the on the
wire protocol. Am I confused or is the question confusing. If I understand
your question correctly, you would like to hear reactions about using MCF
in XML as a way of representing typed properties. I fully support this
approach. MCF and XML are very strong foundations built on the basis of
many years of solid work for typed and structured data and we should use
them instead of inventing our variation that will not extend.