Re: Open Requirements Issues

It sounds to me like what you need is a kind of mandatory
content-negotiation in which

Which would mean give me the US English version if it is available,
otherwise respond with

406 Not Acceptable

Similarly, a PUT (or check in)  should be able to specify a language (It's
a little non-intuitive to use "Accept-Language" here, but I suppose it
would work. If the server is unable to store language specific versions,
or is unable to store the document under the language specified, I believe
it should respond with

409 Conflict

---
Gregory Woodhouse
gjw@wnetc.com    /    http://www.wnetc.com/home.html
If you're going to reinvent the wheel, at least try to come
up with a better one.