From:  Yaron Goland [SMTP:yarong@microsoft.com]
Sent:  Thursday, May 22, 1997 10:04 PM
To:  Barbara Bazemore; 'Larry Masinter'
Cc:  'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'
Subject:  RE: Server-generated version ids

We can't even be sure there will be version IDs. There is absolutely
no
requirement for one in DAV because all versions are required to be
uniquely identified by URLs. This is the sort of issue that needs to
be
argued out in implementation. The requirement is that Versions must
be
identifiable by a URL, it is up to the spec to decide if having two
identifiers is useful.
	Yaron