Status Update

WEBDAV WG Status Update

Scenarios Document
"HTTP-based Distributed Content Editing Scenarios"
Editor: Ora Lassila, ora.lassila@research.nokia.com or lassila@w3.org
draft-lassila-http-edit-dist-00.txt

This document expired as of the end of April.  However, it is still an
important document, and is due to be updated this month.  If you have
scenarios of distributed authoring and versioning, please submit them to
Ora Lassila for inclusion into the document.

Requirements Document
"Requirements for Distributed Authoring and Versioning on the World Wide Web"
Editors: Judith Slein, slein@wrc.xerox.com, Fabio Vitali, fabio@cs.unibo.it
draft-slein-www-dist-author-00.txt

This document was last revised February 28, 1997.  Judith has received
feedback from the Memphis meeting, from discussions on the list, and from
comments from the Design Team on the current requirements document.  My
expectation is that a new requirements document will be produced this
month.  If you have comments on the requirements, please submit them either
directly to Judith, or to the mailing list. It is my belief that the
requirements are near stable, and I do not expect significant further
changes to the requirements, excepting the areas of authentication,
security, and access control, for which requirements have not yet been
determined.

Protocol Specification
"Extensions for Distributed Authoring and Versioning on the World Wide Web
-- WEBDAV"
Editor: Del Jensen, dcjensen@novell.com
draft-jensen-webdav-ext-01

This document was last updated March 26, 1997, and reflects the current
design as of the end of 1996, and hence is no longer particularly current.
I expect that a new revision of the protocol specification will be produced
by the end of May, and this draft will be significantly different from
existing drafts.  Current functionality proposals, along with discussion on
the mailing list will inform the content of the next protocol specification
draft.

The latest drafts of these documents, along with the working group charter
and background materials, can be retrieved from the WEBDAV home page, at
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/authoring/

- Jim