Re: WEBDAV Security

> I think the WEBDAV group is best qualified to determine the
> nature of the minimum requirements for access control necessary
> to build functional but interoperable authoring systems,
> and that furthermore we'll do ourselves a favor by surveying
> the minimum requirements of existing authoring systems.
------------

Also the Andrew file system (if I remember correctly) also has
a good ACL implementation.

> It may be that all the 'access control' we can ask for is
> for the WEBDAV server to give the user a web page that allows
> them to change the default access authorization for a page
> they just stored, for example.
That's horribly insufficient, IMHO.  Again look at the ACL's
from the Andrew FS, that's more like it, I think.  At least
user and group access rights, similar to read write permissions
and the ability to specify basic logical op's too.

-=j=-