Design Team meeting

Larry Masinter wrote:
>I'm happy to accept that these are just advanced notice of what
>you and others will be discussing at a private meeting next week,
>but it's useful to say that they'll need serious review against
>robustness criteria, and that the proposals, as written, don't indicate
>that the review had been done. It's OK that they're preliminary
>drafts. I hope it's OK that there's not really a lot of time to
>review them in depth, and that the analysis of the robustness
>of the proposals that I gave was pretty hurried.

Since there are many new subscribers to this list (the list membership has
grown by about 10% in the last week following announcement of the formation
of the WEBDAV working group), I just thought I'd mention that there will be
a meeting of the WEBDAV Design Team next week, on April 1-4.  In attendance
will be Steve Carter, Novell, Asad Faizi, Netscape, Roy Fielding, U.C.
Irvine, Yaron Goland, Microsoft, Del Jensen, Novell, and Jim Whitehead,
U.C. Irvine.  The intent of this meeting is to gather a wide range of
expertise together for an intensive series of meetings to review DAV
proposals in depth, and try and come up with a comprehensive draft which
holds together well.  The only reason the meeting is by invitation only is
to limit the number of people attending.

Of course, any proposal developed by the Design Team is subject to review
by the entire mailing list, which may accept, reject, or modify the
proposals.  The mailing list is the final arbiter when it comes to
determinations of rough consensus.

As for the large number of proposals being sent to the list, I am glad that
Yaron is sharing his advance proposals.  We have already been able to have
one or two iterations of very useful discussions on many of them, which
have been a great help in understanding the issues.

- Jim