Re: RE: Change to Lock-Token

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Steve Carter wrote:

> The lock model we have discussed todate requires that lock tokens
> be distributed across the entire network and that lock token validation
> be performed before some methods are executed. I don't think that cross
> server locks are "FAR FAR FAR" into the future, they are very
> close.
>
> -src

I guess it depends upon your approach. If locks are implemented as
metadata, this might be hard. If locks are implementeds through lock
servers (NFS style), then it should be easier. Even if locks are
implemented as metadata, I'm not sure it would be *that* bad. In fact, I
like the idea of associating metadata with a resource or collection in the
form of a URI which identifies the resource that actually administers the
locks.

---
gjw@wnetc.com    /    http://www.wnetc.com/home.html
If you're going to reinvent the wheel, at least try to come
up with a better one.