RE: Last call: range locking

Perhaps you missed my previous posting on the issue of byte range
locking where I specifically recommended against the use of URL hacking.
Instead I proposed a method to help identify URLs for a particular range
of a document, where range could be page, chapter, byte range, etc. You
can read my post at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/msg00645.html. As you
will note in the post, the proposal requires the introduction of a new
method. Thus there is certainly something to be standardized in DAV.
	Yaron