Re: Warwick Framework, etc.

Judith Slein wrote:

> If an individual just wants to attach a custom attribute to a resource and
> is not in a position to provide the help app, etc., there is no good answer
> right now . . . but the application/directory MIME type now being defined
> might be able to accommodate custom attributes.  Michael is looking into this.

This is the case. I just talked to Tim Howes about it and the intent is
that the profile (or schema) for a given application/directory object
is a guideline and a given profile specification has the ability to
specify whether or not arbitrary, user-specified, attributes are
allowed....

-MM

Michael Mealling	| 505 Huntmar Park Drive       | Phone:  (703)742-0400
Software Engineer	| Herndon, VA 22070	       | Fax:    (703)742-9552
Network Solutions	| <URL:http://www.netsol.com>  | michaelm@rwhois.net