Comments on Section 3 of the Requirements Document

	3.2. Legacy Client Support

	WebDAV-compliant servers should be able to interoperate with
non-WebDAV clients.

Without a careful statement of the ramifications of this requirement I
move that it be removed from the requirements.

	3.4. HTTP Compatibility (new)

	Our aim is to make extended authoring capabilities available
through
	HTTP.  In extending HTTP, we are obligated to follow its design
	conventions and stay within its spirit.  This means, for
example, that
	methods should operate only on resources.  It means that
parameters
	should be communicated in headers.  These and other conventions
should
	be observed in the design of the extensions.

HTTP has a spirit? Who will interpret this spirit? HTTP is a
specification. Words written on a piece of paper. For us to declare that
we are somehow the keepers of the spirit of HTTP is absurd. Our only
obligation is to have this specification accepted by the IETF. If that
should require changing HTTP and the IETF buys off on the idea, then so
be it. We should not restrict ourselves when there is no compelling
reason to do so.

			Yaron