Re: DAV methods proposal

Many thanks to Asad and Jim for posting this draft to the mailing list so
all can read and comment on it!

To provide some context on this draft, paper copies of this document were
circulated at the Palo Alto WEBDAV meeting.  I requested that Asad and Jim
make this document more widely available, so those who were not at the Palo
Alto meeting could still read and comment on this draft.  Asad has now done
this.

This draft is an example of how some of the distributed authoring and
versioning requirements can be satisfied using an approach based on
augmenting HTTP with new methods and headers.  Currently at author's draft
v0.1.

Since the WG has now decided to adopt an approach based on adding HTTP
methods with new media types, the ideas in this draft will be merged into
the existing Goland/Whitehead draft, which is now the
Goland/Faizi/Whitehead/Jensen draft, with the addition of Del Jensen as RFC
editor, and Asad Faizi as new author.

It is my understanding that draft v0.1 will be the last draft produced by
Jim Cunningham and Asad Faizi, since they have agreed to collaborate on the
Goland/Faizi/Whitehead/Jensen draft, which will be the sole final protocol
specification draft produced by this working group.

- Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>