Re: Next mtg., 11/14-15, Xerox PARC

At 17:18 +0100 20-09-1996, Jim Whitehead wrote:
>The next technical meeting on WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning is
>currently scheduled for November 14-15 at Xerox PARC, in the SF Bay area.
>Larry Masinter has graciously offered to host this meeting -- thank you!
>Unlike the past meetings, this one is planned for two days to allow
>sufficient time for discussion of draft specifications for achieving
>distributed authoring and versioning capability.
>
>Please let me know soon if these dates will not work for you.  So far these
>dates seem good for most people, based on email contact with people, and an
>informal show of hands at the Cambridge meeting.
>
>More details on registration, etc. will soon be forthcoming.

I'll admit, I am extremely envious, and sorry I am the only european in the
group. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to take part to any meeting in the
States unless I find some funding on the way, which, at the state, seems at
best unlikely (Microsoft?).

I was wondering if there could be a willingness to organize one of our
meetings at the University of Bologna, Italy. Bologna is the oldest
universities of the western civilization, having been founded in 1088 (one,
zero, eight, eight) for lax and medicine studies. Besides being famous for
art and cuisine, Bologna is also 1/2 from Florence, Venice and Ravenna, and
has a good air connections with most European airports (Rome, Paris,
Brussels, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, etc.). I  could organize something
around December or January.

Fabio