RE: Seiwald Q & A -- "GET for EDIT" cookies

At 7:10 PM 9/3/96, Yaron Goland wrote:
>Talking about dead horses... When people say things like "Check Out the
>Source" I get worried. As I mentioned previously there are cases where
>the number of links between the final version of an entity and the
>original version contains many nodes. Rather than trying to put together
>a "GET for Edit" which will either only have one level and thus is not
>very useful or will hack the hell out itself to support more levels we
>should just support links which solve the problem very elegantly.
>
>					Yaron

   I'm afraid I'm a casualty of nomenclature here. What's a link in this
context? An ancestor? A set of derivation relationships and intermediate
states? or some other semantic relationship?

   -- David

David Durand                  dgd@cs.bu.edu | david@dynamicDiagrams.com
Boston University Computer Science          | Dynamic Diagrams
http://www.cs.bu.edu/students/grads/dgd/    | http://dynamicDiagrams.com/