From:  Jim Whitehead[SMTP:ejw@ics.UCI.EDU]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 27, 1996 1:34 PM
To:  www-vers-wg@ics.UCI.EDU; w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject:  Re: Microsoft Feature Support List (V 0.1, ALPHA, 8/26/96)

>Microsoft Feature Support List (V 0.1, ALPHA, 8/26/96)
>by Yaron Y. Goland (yarong@microsoft.com)
>The following is the list of features which I have found that Microsoft
>requires in order to express the full functionality of its products
across
>HTTP.

Many thanks to Yaron for making this informative posting!

To my mind, the issues described in Section 1, "File Control Features,"
are
both appropriate to versioning, and also to distributed authoring.  I'd
like to move discussion of these to the distributed authoring list,
w3c-dist-auth@w3.org.  Discussion of Section 2, "Versioning Control
Features," should definitely remain on the versioning list,
www-vers-wg@ics.uci.edu.

I'll be making follow-on posts on each section to these two lists.

- Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>