Re: feedback on draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-09

From: Ken Murchison <murch@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:26:48 -0500
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

On 11/14/2016 09:41 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> If it supports this spec, it *will* ignore the Brief by definition,
> right.
>
> So maybe just state that? "it will ignore..."?

Actually, my implementation supports Prefer but also doesn't ignore
Brief.  It treats Brief:true as if Prefer:return=representation was sent
in the request, regardless of whether Prefer was sent or not. I don't
know if this is more appropriate than ignoring Brief, but we probably
need a definitive statement on how a server should behave if both
headers appear in a request.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer