Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-05.txt

From: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:24:13 -0400
To: Ken Murchison <murch@andrew.cmu.edu>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
cc: WebDAV <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi Ken,

--On September 19, 2013 at 11:53:35 AM -0400 Ken Murchison
<murch@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> "Client and server implementations that already support the Brief field
> header should be able to add support for the return=minimal preference
> with little effort."  (I had "minimal effort" but it didn't read right)

Change:

"field header" to "header field"
"should be able to" to "can".

> "If a server receives both Brief and Prefer header fields in a request,
> it MUST ignore the Brief header field and only apply the Prefer header
> field preferences, if it so chooses."

The MUST and "if it so choose" are conflicting. How about:

    If a server supporting the Prefer header receives both Brief and Prefer
    header fields in a request, it MUST ignore the Brief header field and
    only use the Prefer header field preferences.

--
Cyrus Daboo