Re: WebDAV sync report w/invalid sync token

From: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:13:51 -0500
To: Ken Murchison <murch@andrew.cmu.edu>, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Hi Ken,

--On November 15, 2011 10:06:45 AM -0500 Ken Murchison
<murch@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>> I prefer to return 403's for all errors that involve pre-conditions and
>> that contain the DAV:error element.
>
> Thanks Cyrus.
>
> I can see the logic there.  So we want to tell the client to not repeat
> the request with the same sync-token as opposed to telling it that the
> request may work as-is once some other unspecified conflict is resolved.

Well any client using the sync REPORT should be looking at the DAV:error
element and the behavior for that is explicitly described in the spec. If
DAV:error were not present, then the client would follow the "normal" rules
for HTTP status code processing.

--
Cyrus Daboo