Re: Data Model

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:55:48 +0200
To: David Nuescheler <david@day.com>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
On 29.08.2010 21:05, David Nuescheler wrote:
>> 1.4 Ordering: optional features in WebDAV and JCR.
> I think this is more important for fine-grained content since when we
> talk about DOM-like structures that are persisted on the server of
> course the sort order makes a big difference. (As a side comment:
> mapping things to JSON in the back of my mind creates a bit of tension
> here, since sort-order of JSON object is undefined, while all
> implementations in browsers keep the sort-order, technically a JSON
> parser is not obligated to do that...)

If ordering of collection members is relevant, then mapping to a
Javascript array (instead of object) is probably required:

    An object is an unordered collection of zero or more name/value
    pairs, where a name is a string and a value is a string, number,
    boolean, null, object, or array.

(<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4627#section-1>)

Best regards, Julian