Re: Write-up draft-reschke-webdav-post-05

Mike Douglass wrote:
> I expect I will implement this in the near future and from my reading
> would support the approach of submitting as a proposed standard.
>
> A question raised by the proposal:
> Is there any intent to provide an equivalent for COPY and MOVE? This
> proposal seems to handle the case of symlinked resources but COPY and
> MOVE would still be an issue.

This has been discussed before.

Using POST to add collection members is straigthforward, after all, this
was what POST was defined to do in the first place. So this
specification just allows servers to expose support for something they
could have done all the time.

The problem is that extending this to methods other than PUT *very*
quickly makes it very complicated, as the namespace operations also
require Depth header support.

BTW: why "symlinked"?

BR, Julian